The Australian Rett Syndrome Study invites you to attend the Australian Rett Syndrome Family Conference to be held on Friday May 25 and Saturday May 26 in Brisbane. All families, care workers, educators and health professionals are welcome.
Topics to be covered are:
Friday 25th May
- Advances in the clinical understanding of Rett syndrome
- What happens after diagnosis?
- Mobility, recreation and bone health
- Queensland Respite Initiative
Saturday 26th May
- Overview of clinical management of Rett syndrome
- Gastrointestinal issues and nutrition
- Movement disorders
Sessions will commence at 9am both days (registration prior) and concluding around 5pm both days.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr Sakku Naidu - Kennedy Krieger Institute, Baltimore USA
- Dr Teresa Temudo - Hospital de Santo António, Lisbon Portugal
- Professor John Christodoulou - Children's Hospital Westmead, Sydney Australia
- Dr Carolyn Ellaway - Children's Hospital Westmead, Sydney Australia
- Clinical Associate Professor Helen Leonard - Telethon Institute for Child Health Research, Perth Australia
Daintree conference room
70 Kate Street Indooroopilly, Brisbane
Phone (07) 3871 4500
The conference venue is fully accessible for people with disabilities.
Free parking is available at the venue.
Families - free
Care- workers, educators and health professionals - $300 for two days, $150 for one day (including GST).
Payment options on the registration form.
Refunds - full refund of registration fee if cancelling prior to closing date of registration (Friday April 27 2012). Half refund if cancelling after April 27 and before Friday 11th May. No refund if cancelling after Friday 11th May unless in exceptional circumstances.
Onsite accommodation at Riverglenn is available - details of accommodation options and pricing can be found at www.riverglenn.com.au or by phoning (07)3871 4500.
Please book directly with Riverglenn.
Other nearby accommodation venues are:
Forest Lodge Apartments http://www.forestlodge1.com.au/
Toowong Central Motel http://www.toowongcentral.com/
When: Friday 25th May 7pm
Where: Auditorium, Broncos League Club, 98 Fulcher Road, Red Hill QLD 4059
Full disability access
Menu: Buffet (main and dessert)
Cost: $50 per head for the meal. There will be a cash bar for drinks.
Please pay by Friday 18th May so final numbers can be given to the venue, thank you.
Please complete registration form electronically or manually.
All attendees will need to be registered prior to attending.
Email completed registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Post to Australian Rett Syndrome Study, PO Box 855, West Perth 6872
Fax to (08) 9489 7700
Closing date for registrations is Friday April 27.
Please contact Katherine Bathgate (AussieRett study coordinator) on 9489 7774 or on email@example.com if you have any queries.